MMTC PAMP Endangered Series 2017
- It comprises of 4 animals.
- It was series introduced in 2017.
- MMTC PAMP every year introduces 4 characters as a part of Coloured 1 Ounce Silver coins
- Endangered series has 4 animals in the series namely Ganges River Dolphon, Indian Rhinoceros ,Snow Leapord , Red Panda
- Limited Mintage of 10,000 pcs
- Almost the coins are sold. As the Stock diminishes with MMTC-PAMP the price of these coins will increase and move to rare coins. Buy Now
- Each coin bears a Serial Number from MMTC-PAMP to identify the count of coins minted and sold.
- The Front side of the coin is the colored picture of the Wild animal. The back side is the Footprint of the Animal.
- This collectible is individually serial numbered -
- comes in a custom-built presentation-cum-display case
- ready-made for gift-giving
- appealing to collectors of limited edition world class products.
Ganges River Dolphin
The National Aquatic Animal of India, the Ganges River Dolphin is one of the oldest creatures in the world. A long, thin snout, rounded belly, stocky body and large flippers are its main characterstics. Being a mammal, the dolphin cannot breathe in water and must surface every 30-120 seconds. Because of the sound it produces when breathing, the animal is popularity referred to as the “Susu”. The Ganges River Dolphin is an endangered species due to loss of habitat caused in a large part by the creation of dams and irrigation projects. High levels of pollution in the river is another contributing factor leading to their dwindling numbers. The reverse side portrays the dolphin’s dorsal fin as it swims on one side through the waters.
The great one-horned rhino is a massive animal, weighing as much as an SUV. Its segmented hide functions like a natural body armor; flexible skin between the thicker hide “plates” allows them to shift as the rhinoceros moves. The rhinoceros has a sharp hearing and a keen sense of smell. The Indian Rhino can move very quickly when aroused. Despite its bulk, it is nimble and can jump or change direction quickly. The prominent horn for which these rhinos are so well known has also been their downfall. Many animals have been killed for this hard, hair-like growth, traditionally revered for medicinal use. The reverse side of the coin portrays the distinctive footprints of the Rhinoceros.
Found in the high altitudes of the Himalayas, the snow leopard has a long, thick fur, and its base color varies from smoky grey to yellowish tan, with whitish underparts. Unusually among cats, its eyes are pale green or grey in color.
It show several adaptations for living in a cold, mountainous environment. Its body is stocky, fur is thick, ears small and rounded, all of which help to minimize heat loss. Wide paws distribute the weight for walking on snow and its long, thick yet flexible tails maintains balance and is used like a blanket to protect its faces when asleep.
The reverse side of the coin portrays the distinctive footprints of the Snow Leopard.
Found in the Himalayan region, the adorably cute Indian Red Panda is slightly larger than a domestic cat. A reddish-orange furry coat, intricate white markings on the face and a long bushy ringed tail are its distinguishing features. Thick fur on the soles offers protection from cold.
Deforestation accompanied by agricultural development results in loss of nesting trees and the bamboo understory on which the species feed. The Red Panda is also hunted for its pelt. Consequently, their numbers are rapidly declining. These factors contribute to their rapidly declining numbers, making this adorable animal an endangered species.
The reverse side of the coin portrays the distinctive footprints of the Red Panda.
We are India's No.1 Platform to buy Gold Coins and Silver Coins Online at Lowest Price and Live Rates Today in India. Branded Certified Coins and Bars of Platinum , Gold , Silver , Panchdhatu etc. can be bought at Live Price. Precious Metals and Bullion you can buy with Free Shipping across India with Cash On Delivery COD Options. We look forward to serve you something Precious, Literally.