- 2016 Turquoise Titanium £2 Coin
- Issued on behalf of South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
- Issue: 5,000
- Unique presentation box and certificate
- Also available as: Proof Sterling Silver, Uncirculated Cupro Nickel
- The oceanic zone is divided into three sections. The epipelagic zone, which is also known as the Daylight zone and receives enough sunlight to support photosynthesis; the mesopelagic zone, which is also known as the Twilight zone and only has a scarce amount of light; the bathypelagic, or Midnight zone which makes up 90% of the ocean and no light penetrates its boundaries.
- The range of animals amongst the three zones is diverse and, especially in the lower zones, quite unusual. There are three coins in the series each representing a different zone and featuring the creatures that live in them.
- The design on this coin features the Daylight Zone which displays a dolphin breaking the surface of the water with a Cod Icefish, a Patagonian Toothfish and some Krill swimming below.
- To emphasise the amount of light in each zone and to differentiate the three coins, each coin is being produced in a different shade of blue titanium.